March 11, 2010

Thrissur is boiling

37.9 degree C is really a hot experience. There are a lot of "Eco-signs". While I ride my motorbike, I can experience the hot air leaving a burning sensation on my skin. I am now into wearing sun glasses to guard my eyes from sun burn. I have a feeling that people here are mostly keeping indoors. I have not noticed this in previous years. A lot of people are complaining about nausea, prolonged head-ache and the like.

Stray dogs are also a rarity now. In the tree world, Cassia fistula and Mango are really enjoying the burning SUN. The C fistula in front of our climate research centre is in full bloom-all of golden showers without a single leaf. My tree too is gearing up. It has lost almost all its leaves. Vishu is closing in...

No comments:

Post a Comment