September 13, 2010

Batteri, Oaks of Horten

finally I saw an acorn!

Walking through Horten in the Monday forenoon sun was exciting. The sun was burning bright today, but not enough to beat the chill. I cannot walk like this back in Kerala-would be 'fried' in 15 minutes. 

As usual, my eyes followed the trees and the other plants that are quite in numbers all over here. Saw a number of huge oaks-species I have to 'research' and find out. My companion told me the other tree with its white bark is a birch. I might have also seen maples (????) from the shape of the leaf it seems like that!
Also went to the Batteri-never knew that the Third Reich was here in Norway. No, I didnt have any idea about 'Operation Weserübung' until my visit today.
amidst the Green Umbrellas of Batteri, Horten

upon a tree stump across the Batteri


The Batteri is on the side of a seashore, just opposite the old light house. It is surrounded by a thickly wooded area. I have abolutely no idea about the species there, but one quick look tells me the presence of Oak. It is a really good park-full of 'Green Umbrellas'. Good that the Hortens are preserving such a good greenery in their midst.


No comments:

Post a Comment